Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. skyl3r

skyl3r Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2012
    Onalaska, Texas
    My Coop
    You know, maybe its just mine, but they really seem to go thru some weird stages. One day they are really cute, then the next day your kinda worried, then they get cut again! My little runt, STILL doesn't have feathers on his head. Is that weird or what??? I will try and get a pic soon!. What an oddball my lill one is!

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

No ugly silkies! Some are just prettier than others! Your guy will look real handsome when he matures. :)

3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I'm still hoping against hope that its a SHE....it has NO red in the comb at ALL...and a small small comb...

4. peepblessed

Oh so true!!![​IMG]

5. peepblessed

You've got some great looking chicks! Wonderful leg feathering!!

6. peepblessed

Here you go! I'm afraid they are both boys! One has lost all of the buff color but I'm sure it will return. :)
    [​IMG]

This one now looks splash!
    [​IMG]

7. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Can anyone tell me about the Buy Sell Trade - section??
    It said somewhere in the rules that you have to have 20 posts in order to post a topic. I have way over 20 posts and I can't post. [​IMG] Does it have to be 20 posts in that section of the forum or 20 posts in general?

I just want to post an ad in style of "Looking for/Wanted". I want porcelains and lavenders! haha Maybe a Sizzle even.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  8. peepblessed

You definitely should be able to. Are you clicking on the blue tab that says "create a new classified"?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Thank you very much :D must get it from their Daddy [​IMG] [​IMG] Though their moms have nice feathering on their feet as well :) [​IMG]

10. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    This is my little white silkie named Winter....whom I do not believe to be all silkie. take a close look at his comb.
    Well, what you can see of it in this pic, anyway. He never sits still, so I had to hold him and this was the only one not blurry.
    He has dark greyish legs, and foot feathering.
    If you wanted to rehome your little guy, he could come befriend Winter-
    Vultures need love too[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by