Silkie thread!

Quote:
I ahve had silkies before and they got really sluggish and sick looking overnite and that day they died. Are silkies prone to getting deseases easier?

Actually they are really healthy, not sure what happened to yours? They can get mites that hide in their crests. Most people forget to look there when dusting or washing their birds.

Wow, nice pics! I really like the show pics, too. I think it's a great "hobby" to have. With everything you hear in the news, life can really be depressing. But then I walk out into my chicken coop, and see my sweet innocent chickens, and it makes the world just seem better, honestly. I just wish some people would find a rewarding hobby, like we do, instead of putting their energy into non-productive, and harmful things. Anyway... Back to Silkies!!!

26636_100_3327.jpg

Not the best pic - they sort of seem to blend in with the wall behind them.

here are my silkie babys, just PQ I think. I don't even know what color that are
18519_photo0221.jpg

18519_photo0222.jpg

18519_photo0227.jpg

they are real sweeties so far, and are the most lively of the bunch
big_smile.png
I've got them with a EE mix hen that went broody. and while they are not as zipy as some of the others, you can go out there at any time and see at least one

Quote:
I think they look great! You got a splash and blue hen
big_smile.png

Thanks! I thought she was black. The pics came out funky with the flash, but I'll try to get more today:)

I dont think she is black.. but it may just be the pics.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom