Silkie thread!

Sorry- just saw that you said that they can
tongue.png
Hope that applies to penciling.

Thanks!

Pam

Here is the pullet in question: Pebbles

Okay I got some pics of Henley today. Do you guys see pencilling? My camera isn't great, she actually has a lot of blue. I tried to highlight some to see what her pattern actually looks like.

Last edited:
Okay I got some pics of Henley today. Do you guys see pencilling? My camera isn't great, she actually has a lot of blue. I tried to highlight some to see what her pattern actually looks like.

I believe what Sonoran was talking about is spreading out her WINGS and looking at those feathers. Silkied feathers are almost impossible to see patterns, and I would say impossible to see penciling. I do see the stippiling on yours that usually indicates the presence of the pattern gene (dark/light/dark/light)i- its also on Pebbles above - both of those are what Silkie "patterning" looks like. Close 'nuff.

I believe what Sonoran was talking about is spreading out her WINGS and looking at those feathers. Silkied feathers are almost impossible to see patterns, and I would say impossible to see penciling. I do see the stippiling on yours that usually indicates the presence of the pattern gene (dark/light/dark/light)i- its also on Pebbles above - both of those are what Silkie "patterning" looks like. Close 'nuff.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
-Pam

Back
Top Bottom