Silkie thread!

I'll show one of my young cockerels. This is 'piper' don't ask he was 'supposed' to be a pullet.
tongue.png
lol.png
roll.png

My broody Silkie pullets eggs have hatched. She was on 4 eggs one was a quitter. So far I have seen 2 chicks.

Here is mama with one of her chicks

Last edited:
If their neck is crooked or weak looking, I use poly vi sol, available at any pharmacy, they have it for infants but it works fast! Good stuff!

Last edited:
You mean incubator?
No, a hatcher. The part for lockdown since the eggs are in different stages and cant be kept together at lockdown when the humidity needs to be the highest. Im gonna try to hope my broody will hatch another batch after htching these but if she wont ill need an easy cheap hatcher.

Hey y'all. I love my SQ silkies, but their vaults/crests are so huge that they have trouble seeing their surroundings, their food, and the ramp to the coop. I need to find a solution for pulling all those feathers back from their eyes that isn't going to damage them. I'm hoping some of you have solutions.

One idea I had was to use the tube from a baby sock like a bandana to pull over their head and pull back those feathers. Has anyone tried that? Does it work?

Back
Top Bottom