Silkie thread!

I have a 7 week old barred rock that is lethargic. I went out this morning and she's not moving around a lot. I got her to drink some honey water and put her into a separate box incase she's sick. I've lost two other barred rocks 2 months ago and they were acting the same as this one. And died by the end of the day. I'm trying really hard to keep it alive. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Anyone have advice?

Welcome to BYC!

Would be best to keep her in a warm room... 80-85 degrees is ideal, and a poop picture would be very helpful.

-Kathy

sadly she didn't make it. We got antibiotics for her but I went to check on her a few hours later and she had passed. She had no symptoms.

sadly she didn't make it. We got antibiotics for her but I went to check on her a few hours later and she had passed. She had no symptoms.

Could it have been an internal injurie?

I was talking with a friend who has chickens and she was thinking maybe it was bullied out of food or water. Or possible pecked hard and had internal bleeding. Idk.
1f614.png

I put her and another chick in the coop about 2 weeks ago. The other chick is bigger than her. She was pretty small for her age.

Integration can be really tough. I've seen some prevent the new ones from eating and drinking. They won't let them on the roost and in severe cases agression. I've found its easier on the chicks to wait until they are close in size and to keep them in an introduction pen for a month or so. I try to add a group at a time also. If you only add 1 or 2 at a time and they are smaller I would expect it to end pretty badly from my personal experience. We really struggled with integrating our chicks but have finally figured it out.. sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom