Silkie thread!

Lol true story. Guess its all a guess till they feather in lol. I have two partridge that have the strangest color fuzz. Can't wait to see how they turn out lol.
1f600.png

That's a beautiful partridge. I lobe the blue. I had a rooster like that but it ended up turning black.
1f61e.png

My babies have turned a whitish silver with red chipmunk stripes. No clue how they will feather out lol. I'm feeling pretty impatient though lol

Its lightened up more now to the whitish silver. This was right after hatch. Ill have to take more pics later lol

So we just hatched our first of our own eggs. Pretty exciting. Set 5, 2 were fertile. 1 hatched a day early. Waiting on the other. Crossing fingers.

Anyways. It's a grey color as a chick.

Wondering what a blue roo (dark blue mostly black with blue undercoat), and a buff hen should make chick colors.

The color charts just confuse me.

I'm assuming it'll likely be a grey/blue partridge?

Sounds like an upper respiratory disease, you need to administer an antibiotic. But remember that mycoplasma and coryza are very contagious and birds that survive become carriers .

Thank you so much! How would he administer the antibiotic? Also do you know how birds get the disease?

That's a beautiful partridge. I lobe the blue. I had a rooster like that but it ended up turning black.
1f61e.png

My babies have turned a whitish silver with red chipmunk stripes. No clue how they will feather out lol. I'm feeling pretty impatient though lol

Its lightened up more now to the whitish silver. This was right after hatch. Ill have to take more pics later lol

Last edited:
Hey guys I have got many birds from this on breeder and I love her quality and colors but I bought 3 eggs from her and 2 hatched last year in October and it turned out to be a frilkie, and I bought more chicks from her and the roo she has had since the beginning of her breeding and out of 11 chicks 7 are turning into frilkies and the other 4 are normal what would I breeded them with when they get breeding age. None of the parents of the chicks are frizzled or sizzled they are all normal I seen the hens and bought the roo but I am thinking either the roo or the hens have it in there genes and it's now showing up??? But I have all regular silkie roosters so would that be good to breed the frilkies with and will I possibly get from breeding them???

[COLOR=333333]Hi there I just got 4 chicks that are six days old and their wing feathers are just starting to grow, but they look like normal feathers. I know that they might change, but I am concerned that I may have gotten ripped off. they have black beaks, skin, legs with feathers on them and five toes. The guy said they should be white but we might not know. Are their wings supposed to look like that? Ask for pics if need (I do not want to put them under too much stress)[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]:cd [/COLOR]

I'd say what you are seeing is the ' osprey ' feathers beginning to appear. Most silkies have them.

Back
Top Bottom