Silkie thread!

My hatches last over a couple days and most of the action happens in the middle of the night. Remember it can take 24 hours from pip to zip. I usually try to find a project like cleaning or gardening that keeps my mind off the incubator.
Great thanks. Yes I noticed last night that it pip. So I'm hoping that it may enter tonight sometime i also noticed one other too. So I will be patient and hope by the end of the weekend they all hatch.

My hatches last over a couple days and most of the action happens in the middle of the night. Remember it can take 24 hours from pip to zip. I usually try to find a project like cleaning or gardening that keeps my mind off the incubator.
It look like my bator is almost out of water. Will the be ok? I know I'm not suppose to open it. What do i do?

20180206_155549.jpg
20180206_155622.jpg
20180206_155558.jpg

20180206_155627.jpg
Critiques?
BTW her wing is usually held normally, she's just scared.

Hello All!!
I’m new to the Silkie world, I have been trying to get my hands on some for a while and finally have!
I definitely don’t think they are pure but they are still cute and will be very loved. Some have 4 toes on one and 5 on the other and 2 have white tipped skin on the middle toes. Is this normal? Also I’m new to the coloring so help there would be great as well!
211458D2-B006-49C9-B7A6-095EF837DF06.jpeg
78942352-4DB9-4F73-A4E7-B04711F1BC6B.jpeg
EF77DA8C-C6E2-433B-BF53-38F915C7D3E2.jpeg
39F199EC-B917-4FE5-BF30-40B7AEA89926.jpeg

It look like my bator is almost out of water. Will the be ok? I know I'm not suppose to open it. What do i do?
Are you measuring humidity? Do you have any pips yet. I usually add water if I get below 60% by lifting the corner and adding it quickly, I also found putting a damp sponge in at lockdown helps keep humidity more constant longer and once they start hatching humidity goes up too

Are you measuring humidity? Do you have any pips yet. I usually add water if I get below 60% by lifting the corner and adding it quickly, I also found putting a damp sponge in at lockdown helps keep humidity more constant longer and once they start hatching humidity goes up too
I hatched and we havs another on the way. 2 other eggs are not showing any sign of pip. So my next question is how long do I leave then in there?

I'm happy to announce I'm a fluffy chicken owner myself! Hello all! These lovelies come from Fish Mountain Farms, and they are by far the nicest chicks I've ever been around.

The cockerel is still pretty scared but I can't blame him one bit for that - I would be too, haha.

I'm so happy with these guys and happy to have silkies ! The only one who's got a name so far is the black chick, and his name is The Phoenix... He's my mom's chick :lau

0609181625a.jpg
0609181013b.jpg
0609181022.jpg
0609181015b.jpg

I hatched and we havs another on the way. 2 other eggs are not showing any sign of pip. So my next question is how long do I leave then in there?
Sorry I’ve been out all day. I leave my chicks in the incubator till they are completely dry usually between 12-24 hours. How many hatched? Pictures yet?

I'm happy to announce I'm a fluffy chicken owner myself! Hello all! These lovelies come from Fish Mountain Farms, and they are by far the nicest chicks I've ever been around.

The cockerel is still pretty scared but I can't blame him one bit for that - I would be too, haha.

I'm so happy with these guys and happy to have silkies ! The only one who's got a name so far is the black chick, and his name is The Phoenix... He's my mom's chick :lau

View attachment 1423668 View attachment 1423669 View attachment 1423671 View attachment 1423675
So cute, you will be extremely pleased with Krystal’s Silkies she has beautiful birds. My little flock came from Fish Mountain Farm last year and they are awesome. I plan on getting more from her this year.

Back
Top Bottom