Silkie thread!

Sorry I’ve been out all day. I leave my chicks in the incubator till they are completely dry usually between 12-24 hours. How many hatched? Pictures yet?
20180610_204810_HDR.jpg

Hi yes you can see one here. I'm new at this are we aloud to handle them. We move 2 last night to their new home. I was so scared that we didn't do the heat right, and they wouldn't survive the night but they did. I have 2 more un the bator, no signs of pin holes and no more movement Its day 24 I'm assuming something went wrong. What do I do, leave them another day or remove. Their was movement at day 20, i have not seen any.

I finally decided on a name for this evil little stalker git. He will bite if you don't pay attention to him. He does love being held and having his comb rubbed so he can be sweet.

So his name is now Snape.

20180611_185105(0).jpg

And just because I found it so funny to sit down with the partridge after naming that one. My brain went "Look it's a Weasley"

20180611_193745.jpg

I finally decided on a name for this evil little stalker git. He will bite if you don't pay attention to him. He does love being held and having his comb rubbed so he can be sweet.

So his name is now Snape.

View attachment 1427290

And just because I found it so funny to sit down with the partridge after naming that one. My brain went "Look it's a Weasley"

View attachment 1427291
I have a 5 month old cockerel that has started biting. He sits next to me at my feet when I’m sitting outside with the flock if I get up and walk away he bites. Also does the roo shuffle (not sure what it is called) if I’m in the coop. Not really sure how to discourage this behavior, I’ve never had a bitter before. I’ve tried looking it up but I won’t be mean to my animals like many post suggest. I do pick him up and carry him around.

I have one too. He never bites to hurt just to say “hey I’m here and need your attention”. He also does his “dance” but I just ignore him.

I have one too. He never bites to hurt just to say “hey I’m here and need your attention”. He also does his “dance” but I just ignore him.
Oh no it hurts and he grabs my pants leg and tugs like a puppy. I cleared out my temporary run and coop today and put him in there. Not sure if it’s has anything to do with it but I had a fox attack memorial weekend and lost 3 hens right after that this started. Now I have 3 hens, a rooster, said cockerel and 20 chicks from 2weeks -11 weeks. I’m hoping it’s hormonal and he grows out of it. Does that happen?

Oh no it hurts and he grabs my pants leg and tugs like a puppy. I cleared out my temporary run and coop today and put him in there. Not sure if it’s has anything to do with it but I had a fox attack memorial weekend and lost 3 hens right after that this started. Now I have 3 hens, a rooster, said cockerel and 20 chicks from 2weeks -11 weeks. I’m hoping it’s hormonal and he grows out of it. Does that happen?
I just had to rehome a roo... he was a biter and also attacked kids. I tried EVERYTHING to break him of this behavior. He made all my other chickens miserable. No room for bad boys here!

Ive had large fowl roosters that bit to do damage. I dont put up with that.

Little Snape doesn't even wing dance. He does this weird foot shuffle I've never seen before then hunches down so I can pick him up. He only bites if he's continuously ignored for attention. He runs the 200+ feet down the driveway if he sees the truck coming. He will sit on the house step and wait for someone to come out. If he's actually out ranging and hears us he come running.

He's started bringing me rocks this last week. I just don't understand how his mind works.

Back
Top Bottom