Silkie thread!

Here is my 13 week old white silkie!
She's from a hatchery but I THINK I got lucky with her...idk.
IMG_20180630_231512_390.jpg

Hello! I have a Silkie question for you all. We have two sets of Silkie chicks/chickens that are about 13 and 14 weeks old. We are confused about our white chickens because they are both almost fully grown (we think) but our blue chicks are much smaller than the white ones. We also have one white chicken that does not have the signature Silkie poof on her head (as pictured). Do you think they might have some other breed mixed in? Or are the blue ones dwarf silkies? Thank you all!
B04B06B7-0AF3-4C8C-BBF2-B987625782CC.jpeg

Hello! I have a Silkie question for you all. We have two sets of Silkie chicks/chickens that are about 13 and 14 weeks old. We are confused about our white chickens because they are both almost fully grown (we think) but our blue chicks are much smaller than the white ones. We also have one white chicken that does not have the signature Silkie poof on her head (as pictured). Do you think they might have some other breed mixed in? Or are the blue ones dwarf silkies? Thank you all! View attachment 1457577
Where did you get them? They do appear to be hatchery or pet quality which usually are bigger than SOP bantam silkies, which may be why the white ones are bigger than the blue the blue may be closer to the bantam size and would also account for lack of crest. Silkies are not fully mature till 6 month-ish.

Back
Top Bottom