Silkie thread!

Wanted to share a pic of my lavender pair, my roo and his fair lady....

I was wondering if my Silkie will be ok, she's the only silkie I have all my other chickens are standard layers. They haven't hurt her, and they don't seem to pick on her too much, they eat together fine and she cuddles with them at night so is she going to be alright as my only silkie girl? They're all about 10 weeks right now and she's been with them for a week.

I was wondering if my Silkie will be ok, she's the only silkie I have all my other chickens are standard layers. They haven't hurt her, and they don't seem to pick on her too much, they eat together fine and she cuddles with them at night so is she going to be alright as my only silkie girl? They're all about 10 weeks right now and she's been with them for a week.

I have a single Silkie that has been living with my other chickens since she was 3 days old. She is still living with my chickens, and doing just fine. I would say your girl will be fine too. The only time I had problems was when the others wanted to roost way up high on the roosts and she couldn't fly up there. I showed her how to make her way up in stages and now she sleeps up there with the rest - when she isn't being broody that is...

Back
Top Bottom