Silkie thread!

this one has been looking and acting more and more like a roo. Its the biggest and most feathered one of my chick flock

There are 9 strains of cocci. Not all of them show blood, however you have seen blood. General ill thrift and lethargy coupled with blood in poop would be enough evidence for me to start treatment .
But ultimately the decision is yours. :confused:

There are 9 strains of cocci. Not all of them show blood, however you have seen blood. General ill thrift and lethargy coupled with blood in poop would be enough evidence for me to start treatment .
But ultimately the decision is yours.
hu.gif

I do not treat unless I see the ill thrift and lethargy. I have seen bloody poops without those two, and I do not treat for just that - they have to show they are not feeling well. And yes, its usually just the one time and never seen again. Watch the birds - not the poops.

We finally got our little pullet we were having trouble with seen about today by the vet. They finally gave in and said that they would see her. Bad news, they said it had gotten into her nasal cavities and they would never be able to get it out. She said she will slowly start to die and already had started. So asked them if she put her to sleep for us while she was still unconscious. So R.I.P to my little paint pullet.
:(

Last edited:
We finally got our little pullet we were having trouble with seen about today by the vet. They finally gave in and said that they would see her. Bad news, they said it had gotten into her nasal cavities and they would never be able to get it out. She said she will slowly start to die and already had started. So asked them if she put her to sleep for us while she was still unconscious. So R.I.P to my little paint pullet.
:(

What got into her Basel cavities? You had to talk them into seeing her they probably didn't know much about chickens. Very sorry for your loss she was beautiful. :(

Since it is cold the past few days, the chickens have sort of been more sluggish and fluffed. but they always do that in the cold. so I can't really tell the difference. I got more corid anyways, so I guess I'm just going to watch and see?

Back
Top Bottom