Silkie thread!

Could everyone critique these chickens, and tell me how much the hatching eggs from these chickens should be priced. Keep in mind that the rooster won 1st at a show and the white hen won second. The first two are silkies and the third is a sizzle

Last edited:

Could everyone critique these chickens, and tell me how much the hatching eggs from these chickens should be priced. Keep in mind that the rooster won 1st at a show and the white hen won second. The first two are silkies and the third is a sizzle

Did he win 1st as in grand champion, BB, or BV?

Personally I wouldn't sell these bird's eggs. Their type is very, very poor. The hens are okay, but the rooster's tail is way too sharp, and he has visible wattles.

Personally I wouldn't sell these bird's eggs. Their type is very, very poor. The hens are okay, but the rooster's tail is way too sharp, and he has visible wattles. 

X2 and it looks like he has spikes on his comb which is a MAJOR no no. That then puts him at pet quality and you do not want show offspring off of him.

X2 and it looks like he has spikes on his comb which is a MAJOR no no. That then puts him at pet quality and you do not want show offspring off of him.
Guys i am not mad or anything,but he is an excellent rooster. He doesnt have spikes on his comb, but I know it might look like it from that picture. The judges told me that he was a good rooster. In the picture I had not blow dryed him good yet.

Back
Top Bottom