Silkie thread!

v possing for camera and j photo bombing from the back lol

One of my tsc silkies doesnt have an extra toe. Is this normal?

Nothing's wrong with your Silkie. It occurs sometimes and show breeders will sell them off as pet quality but it will be perfectly fine if you don't use it as one of your breeders. Sometimes there will be 6 toes on one foot and 4 on the other. Occasionally 2 toes will be webbed together. Strange that this occurs but I've seen these birds on show breeder's websites being sold as pets. These would be DQs in show birds but better strange toes than a crossbeak/scissors beak to deal with. The odd toe birds will still all be sweeties.

Will my Silkie EVER lay me an egg??? I want to put sizzle eggs in darn it!! She's been here 2 full weeks now. I've NEVER had a new hen take this long. Grrrrrr!

I had a breeding pair of lavender silkies shipped from CA. They arrived Feb 5th and I just got my first egg from the hen last Wednesday, so it took her 6 weeks to lay. Thought I was going to go crazy waiting!! But now I have 3 eggs in 4 days. Hoping to get one or two more before I put them in the incubator Monday or Tuesday. Hope you don't have to wait that long.

Here are our chicks. They will be 2 weeks old on Monday. I think one will be light buff and the other will be blue. Never had a silkie before though so I'm not sure and would be grateful to hear if you think that is correct! And they don't look to be bearded.

Marshmallow:

and Coco

and hanging together. Coco looks grumpy in this shot!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom