Silkie thread!

Here is a photo of the front of my house. The upper deck is the entrance to my house. The lower deck has a hot tub. The stairs going down to the lower deck is where the pen is, and the coop is just next to that.

Quote: well you absolutely did share some of that rain! yesterday it started raining and this morning it is raining.. I don't mind the rain, just as long as it isn't heavy or getting in my way..
big_smile.png

took a few more pics this morning of smooth sizzle/silkie....the other two I have that are same age and same group are black. I took pics of all three and a close of of coloring....looks to have some red or partridge ? all of the silkies I have gotten from her are partridge with a red gene

a few of my 10 wk olds. if anything jumps out of the pics and says roo or pullet, please let me know.

Last edited:
What beautiful birds.

I think I may have a silkie cross. Not sure yet what momma is. But daddy is the pertiest little Silver colored silkie I ever had.

Thanks. The placement of the coop is ok because it is the safest possible spot in the whole yard.There is not much wildlife that ventures that close to my house. Also, its good because it is sheltered from the hot sun, (somedays in the summer it reaches over 100*) and in the winter the snow can not get inside their pen... And we get snow! Tons this winter and last. Mites inside the feed?? Ugh gross! I've never heard of lamb's quarter. Ill have to look it up. We were just talking about this on FB. Someone suggested to give a pea size drop of horse ivermectin to each bird to de-worm. Would this be better? Thanks for the link. This is awesome!
Ivermectin is not an effective poultry wormer. wazine for young birds and birds that have not been wormed in 9 months, follow with valbazen 10 days later, it's more broad spectrum.
took a few more pics this morning of smooth sizzle/silkie....the other two I have that are same age and same group are black. I took pics of all three and a close of of coloring....looks to have some red or partridge ? all of the silkies I have gotten from her are partridge with a red gene
black with red leakage.

I can't find a silly rooster in my area. :( I've even asked on craigslist and no response. I can't believe it. :( I lost my rooster this hard winter.

Back
Top Bottom