Silkie thread!

Thanks! I havent seen lice or nits. I had a bad infestation last fall, so unfortunately I'm all to familiar with identification. I am thinking mites maybe. She looks twice better today as yesterday. Her eyes are brighter and she is running all over today.

OK. So this is the last time I'm going to ask the sex of my Silkie. [COLOR=333333]Here she is at a little over 11 weeks! Still at the bottom of the pecking order.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Oh and what about these tail feathers that turned up? Does that mean that She's a roo or does it just mean that she's a bad quality silkie because her wings have had feathers like that for ever.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Her comb hasn't grown at all and she has no wattles.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Her at 11 weeks[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] And "her" at hmmmm maybe 5 weeks?
I'm going with pullet!!:)

Thanks! I havent seen lice or nits. I had a bad infestation last fall, so unfortunately I'm all to familiar with identification. I am thinking mites maybe. She looks twice better today as yesterday. Her eyes are brighter and she is running all over today.

No worries, hope you can get on top of what ever it is. I have a little guy that is extremely aneamic and after checking him over and finding nothing I simply sat with him under my arm for 20 mins. About 1/2 later I felt the biggest louse walking up my arm, I can't believe that I couldn't see them. I've deliced him with powder but I've decided to give him a warm bath and blow dry now that he has regained his strength and then I'll re apply the powder to everyone. Today is coop cleaning day so they all get a spray down with coopex.( the coops that is , not the birds ).

No worries, hope you can get on top of what ever it is. I have a little guy that is extremely aneamic and after checking him over and finding nothing I simply sat with him under my arm for 20 mins. About 1/2 later I felt the biggest louse walking up my arm, I can't believe that I couldn't see them. I've deliced him with powder but I've decided to give him a warm bath and blow dry now that he has regained his strength and then I'll re apply the powder to everyone. Today is coop cleaning day so they all get a spray down with coopex.( the coops that is , not the birds ).

Aww I hopehe feels better!!

I have a black silkie rooster that i am going to hatch eggs from him and a certain hen later on this year. The only problem is he doesnt seem to be eating. All the hens are. My other rooster was dominant but i have that rooster separated from the rest of the flock. What is going on? Is because he was the low on the pecking order?

Back
Top Bottom