Silkie thread!

I

I know what you mean! My family thinks I'm nuts. They couldn't believe I carried a chick around in my bra for awhile to warm it up because the Moma hen was busy eating and not sitting yet and it had just hatched I had to help it. It was crying until I put it in my bra then happy sounds and snuggled right in. Yes I'm called the crazy chicken lady like many of us here. I just don't know what's wrong with them. Lol
Ahh Suz im glad im in good company.. !
With People who dont think im looney.The biggest question they ask is...How many chickens do you have now? (With a horrified look on their face.) Heck just about 40..somewheres in there...well maybe 50..but not much more than that...and THATs with the 10 week olds OH.... and then the 4 month olds and 3 month olds..oh well maybe 60. but thats all...
big_smile.png

Im sitting on my hands...I am DYING t o incubate eggs. I have a terrible time cant hatch but a few . but i always think.... this time it will work well!!.. but never does .
Of course my splash silkie hen laid a bunch of eggs after being broody all summer ..now I sit with eggs and too late to try!!
By the way can Silkies lay 2 a day?
Seems like she has a lot and didnt seem that long since i looked in the nest .a few days NOT 11 days! !

Why does she bury some in the straw Anyone know?

10 MINUTES LATER....SHE LAID 4 MORE! I GOTTA SET THEM...!!FIRING UP THE BATOR AS WE SPEAK.CAVED
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Ahh Suz im glad im in good company.. !
With People who dont think im looney.The biggest question they ask is...How many chickens do you have now? (With a horrified look on their face.) Heck just about 40..somewheres in there...well maybe 50..but not much more than that...and THATs with the 10 week olds OH.... and then the 4 month olds and 3 month olds..oh well maybe 60. but thats all...:D

Im sitting on my hands...I am DYING t o incubate eggs. I have a terrible time cant hatch but a few . but i always  think.... this time it will work well!!.. but never does .
Of course my  splash silkie hen  laid a bunch of eggs after being broody all summer ..now I sit  with eggs and too late to try!!
By  the way can Silkies lay 2 a day?
Seems like she has a lot and didnt seem that long since i looked in  the nest .a few days NOT 11 days! !

Why does she bury some in the straw Anyone know? 

Light burying is a sign to keep eggs warm while she's gone til she gets enough eggs to sit on. And yes rarely but silkies can lay twice but its unusual. :)

I

I know what you mean! My family thinks I'm nuts. They couldn't believe I carried a chick around in my bra for awhile to warm it up because the Moma hen was busy eating and not sitting yet and it had just hatched I had to help it. It was crying until I put it in my bra then happy sounds and snuggled right in. Yes I'm called the crazy chicken lady like many of us here. I just don't know what's wrong with them. Lol
That sounds so sweet. I sure don't think you're crazy. LOL I think it's normal to do what you think needs to be done.

Heck at least you know how many you have. I haven't done a head count since spring and I've had ten Brodie's. Last week I had a Lady I go to church with ask if I would take a few of her chicks. 5-6. LOL chicken math hot her because she showed up with 7 d'Uccle and 12 Silkie.

Heck at least you know how many you have. I haven't done a head count since spring and I've had ten Brodie's. Last week I had a Lady I go to church with ask if I would take a few of her chicks. 5-6. LOL chicken math hot her because she showed up with 7 d'Uccle and 12 Silkie.

I wouldn't complain! Lol I'd welcome them with open arms!

I wouldn't complain! Lol I'd welcome them with open arms!

Yes, but what will I do with them... Although at 150 lbs of food a week I have to down size. I think I have about 30 silkies, 19 d'Uccle, 6 D'anver, and a whole bunch of others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom