Silkie thread!

Some pics of our newest feathered members. Momma showing chicks how to eat.

After a long night of peeling out 3 shrink wrapped chicks, everyone is doing fine. :) Thats what happens when a chick gets tangled in mama feet and she panics and lets too much air under her.
roll.png

We have 6 little fuzz balls this morning. :)

After a long night of peeling out 3 shrink wrapped chicks, everyone is doing fine. :) Thats what happens when a chick gets tangled in mama feet and she panics and lets too much air under her. :rolleyes: We have 6 little fuzz balls this morning. :)
Congrats they are beautiful. I was doing the same all night and I wish I could say the same :( I lost all 3 of my eggs. Dead in shell and one was deformed and stopped breathing. Hoping for better luck next time.

This girl is beginning to recover from a rather harsh molt. She normally has a big bonnet crest but the whole back of her head now is still mostly bald with new pin feathers now finally coming in! From the front, she doesn't look too bad, but from the back, she still looks rather sad. She's still her spunky self, however, and seems to be oblivious to her rather lopsided 'do.

My rooster is also finally recovering from a bad hair day (this one inflicted by me, however). I severely cut back his crest in order to more successfully battle some unusually persistent crest mites. He was rather sad in the crest department for quite some time, but he is now finally returning to some of his former glory. He's such a good natured fellow, very good with his hens and chicks, and has such great feet.

A chick from the above two. Looks just like its mother did at that age, hopefully it turns out to be a pretty pullet just like her. I'm not holding my breath though, I had one look just like this a few months back that turned out to be a cockerel (pictured below). Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom