Silkie thread!

Ok anyone want to guess what colors these babies will be lol ?? These chicks came to me from a breeder that started with a chocolate serama roo and black silkie hens. The breeder bred black silkies back in that had only had black behind them. The goal is chocolate silkies. The parents are 5 generations from the original breeding so these would be the 6th.
So these are a bit of a surprise. Any thoughts ? These are the first 3 that hatched. A 4th hatched and looks to be all black and I'm waiting on the other 11. They are hatching slowly but surely lol

Alright, thanks. I do that but then they both start kicking their feet and flapping their wings so I try to put one hand under and the other on the wings just because I'm scared they'll hurt themselves.

Yep, like I said, it takes practice for chicken and human to get accustomed to the judge's hold. Silkies love to flap their flightless wings so we make sure the wings at the shoulder connection are held down secure with our other hand before we lift them up. The little buggers are strong - especially with 10-total kicking toes too LOL!

Yep, like I said, it takes practice for chicken and human to get accustomed to the judge's hold.  Silkies love to flap their flightless wings so we make sure the wings at the shoulder connection are held down secure with our other hand before we lift them up.  The little buggers are strong - especially with 10-total kicking toes too LOL!

Yeah. Well one with 10 toes, one of my silkies was born with 9 toes. Haha I was holding them today and once I actually caught them they were too bad, so yay to improvement!

R.I.P Tiny :'(

R.I.P. Tiny. Our Black Silkie is our littlest chicken too. She's 4 yrs old now but we had to rush her to the vet a couple times for respiratory issues. She hangs on but she is so small we pamper her a little more and bring her in the house whenever we think she won't do well in the bad weather. She's very spunky for a little thing. We call her "Mini".

Last edited:
R.I.P. Tiny. Our Black Silkie is our littlest chicken too. She's 4 yrs old now but we had to rush her to the vet a couple times for respiratory issues. She hangs on but she is so small we pamper her a little more and bring her in the house whenever we think she won't do well in the bad weather. She's very spunky for a little thing. We call her "Mini".
She's so cute and small!! Reminds me of tiny's sister "shorty"

We got 3 more partridge silkies. Hoping for all pullets lol. Does anyone have any adults they could share pictures of?

Your babies are so cute. Got my first two Partridge right out of the breeder's incubator the day mine hatched 5 yrs ago and I can't remember how cute they were - only that they were so small next to the LF chicks! Had to re-home the boy but he was really a sweetie! These are 6-mo-old Partridges - kinda the standard color - today they come in all sorts of new Partridge varieties.

Back
Top Bottom