Silkie thread!

I have one Australian shepherd, I love the breed! She loves to herd the chickens into the coop at night!
Now every time she gets close to them they know to go into the coop XD Pyrenees are a really gorgeous breed, but I think I like Aussies better ;)
When my chicks go outside my Aussie watches them closely and she lies down and my chicks climbed all over her snuggling in to her warm fur! (That was from the last batch of chicks)
she meant anatolian Sheppard look them up p they are great guardian dogs

Hello I was hoping for help on to worry or not to worry!! One of my frizzles pasted from wry neck and the breeder helped me throw what to do because this is my first year having chickens!! when she died the breeder was kind enough to give me 3 more.. well to get to the point one of the ones I took was really small smaller then the ones I got the day they hatched but has more feathers!! I picked her because I really wanted a white or white splash!!! she seems kind of skinny but I see her eating and drinking all the time!! and she seems to sleep a lot more then the other two???? so when do I know if I should worry??

Hello I was hoping for help on to worry or not to worry!! One of my frizzles pasted from wry neck and the breeder helped me throw what to do because this is my first year having chickens!! when she died the breeder was kind enough to give me 3 more.. well to get to the point one of the ones I took was really small smaller then the ones I got the day they hatched but has more feathers!! I picked her because I really wanted a white or white splash!!! she seems kind of skinny but I see her eating and drinking all the time!! and she seems to sleep a lot more then the other two???? so when do I know if I should worry??

Wryneck is a result of poor nutrition or vitamin deficiency . The breeder may not be feeding the parent stock properly or it might be something that they are feeding the chicks themselves.
I would start all of them on a poultry multi vitamin that you add to their water. If you have some Brewers yeast you could sprinkle that on their feed. Some nice cooked rice with egg and sardines will help to fatten her up.

Hen or roo by body posture? "He" is about 6 months old

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess I just need to accept her coat as it is. At least she looks pretty even though close up you can see her skin underneath

Your girl is still young. Most chickens go through a juvenile molt in which you may notice fuller feathering around 6 or 7 months. After that they pretty much will keep the same feathering and shape in years to come. Read up on the protein percentage in the diet of pullets to make sure she will have good nutrition during feather re-growth. It's a delicate balance feeding the right diet percentages for each stage of growth. BTW your little girl is very very pretty! Wish I had a White Silkie but it doesn't work in my backyard to have light or white birds.

Does anyone know if my white chick looks heathy?? she's a lot smaller then the other two that my breeder gave me when one of my babies died from wry neck>>> she sleeps a lot more to but I see her eat and drink!!
snow white

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom