Silkie thread!

Cuteness overload!
1f60d.png

I know right?! Thank you Chicka! :)

Just so you can compare, kellyloveschad, here are some of my blue partridges: This young cockerel looks similar to Freddie Mac, no? Except he isn't frizzled, examples below. Blue partridge frizzled Sizzle pullet. That's a very light blue partridge frizzled Silkie behind her. Blue partridge frizzle Silkie pullet. Blue smooth Sizzle pullet on the left, blue partridge frizzled Sizzle cockerel on the right. And to hopefully show the difference between smooth and frizzled Silkies, splash (smooth) Silkie on top, splash frizzled Silkie below. I hope this helps.
Lovely birds. I would call the first one blue with red leakage though.

This morning I forgot so to close the back door so roo decided he was going to come on in thru the dog door that we put into our screen door!! just to make sure everyone was awake!! My husband said they wouldn't be able l to open it!!!

Thanks :) May I ask why? This was a fairly old picture, and he's got a lot more red/gold now than he did when I took this. Either way, doesn't really matter, he'll be headed to a new home soon :/

He is lovely . I think that his orange markings just aren't uniform . The crest should display orange all the way over with the blue base feathers. Could just be a difference in our standards . None the less his new owner is very lucky to be adding him to their flock.
1f60a.png

http://www.freewebs.com/silkiebreeders/silkiestandards.htm

He is lovely . I think that his orange markings just aren't uniform . The crest should display orange all the way over with the blue base feathers. Could just be a difference in our standards . None the less his new owner is very lucky to be adding him to their flock.
1f60a.png

http://www.freewebs.com/silkiebreeders/silkiestandards.htm

His crest actually does have quite a bit of orange now, not uniform, but a lot. And his chest is also now almost completely orange too. He's definitely not perfect, for sure. How much he's changed between then and now is almost shocking.

I seem to hatch a bunch of these, but I never keep many of them. They're lovely, but they have no place here really. The truly exceptional ones get to stay in my mixed pen, but I can only keep so many in there, so most of them leave. Always makes me sad to see them go :/

Partridge is definitely not my chosen color, so I'm certainly not as familiar with it as you are (which is why I asked :) ). But, blue partridge was about the closest thing I could come up with to describe these pretty little birds. It's also not an accepted variety either, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom