Silkie thread!

I've had a few people tell me they think pullet. I just want to make sure these arent streamers showing up! 21 weeks old and the comb has been the same size for a couple months now. Really hoping she stays a "she"!!

That looks rather boyish to me. But I do have a hard time telling on whites. It just could be a pullet with a boyish look

Hi, the calcium supplements should help, but it could take a week or so for you to see normal shells. Soft shelled eggs can be very dangerous to the health of your bird and can lead to one breaking inside her and causing egg peritonitis, so it's a good thing you are on to it.
Prolapse vent is also a direct result of calcium deficiency.
With the worms it's best to reworm 10 later to eliminate any hatchlings .

Thank you Fancychooklady!! Yes as soon as.I saw the soft shelled eggs all the terrible things that could happen ran thru my head. I've been keeping a very close eye on her for any changes in her personality. I wormed them with the wazine at the end of January, then I ended up in the hospital and didn't grt to worm them a second time. Should I just worm them once more, or should I start over?

Are you offering oyster shell in a separate feeder on the side? I would also stop feeding the bread and DE and not to much fruit. Best of luck with her.

Hi Suzierd! Yes I have been offering oyster shell seperately. I stopped when I added the Manna Pro Omega supplements. Luckily they love it so I'm hoping to see all hard shelled eggs soon. I've also backed off the bread and reduced fruits and veg.

Help! Silkie Hens or Roosters?!?

Silkie 2 months old

Silkie 5 weeks old

I'm having trouble with my eggs hatching some start to zip then give up and die, I'm a wreck trying to figure out when to help and failing, just lost a beautiful paint today and I'm heart sick. Had six growing good five still in the incubator day 23 none of the others making a peep. The temps and humidity all good this happened to the sitting hens to. I never had this problem in the past they hatched good. Anybody else deal with this? The only thing I can think of is vitamin deficiency?

Back
Top Bottom