Silkie thread!

Thank you so much for the pictures! They are beautiful!!! The "audition" quote helped a lot haha! I guess it's where "she's" so young that I can't tell if she's getting streamers or just feathers coming in.
Streamers are the long feathers that come off the back of a rooster's head. They are very distinctive from the hackles. Makes them look like they are auditioning for the cover of a romance novel.

Thank you so much! Any opinions are helpful to me! I hope she stays a hen because I have a beautiful splash rooster that would make a beautiful hatch but if not I'll just have another beautiful rooster!! The 5 week old is a lot harder for me to guess on. It's features looks like a "him" to me but "his" actions act like a little hen.
Looks like a lady to me

Last edited:
Did a photo shoot of babies I have for sale. They are so funny trying to get pics cause they never hold still.

Last edited:
I'm going to be getting a buff silkie chick to add to my current silkie flock sometimes this summer :D. Don't worry, I'm not going to be just getting the one chick, I'm also getting four other different breed of chicks along with the one silkie so it won't grow up alone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom