Silkie thread!

loving this thread so much! we've had quite a few silkies over the last few year.. My BO just went broody and hatched 3 silkies (along with other breeds) on monday.. We got a white, black.. And this little one.. Anyone know what color this chick will likely be?

Attachments

• 20180426_160345.jpg
    20180426_160345.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180426_160337.jpg
    20180426_160337.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 12
I have quite a few partridge chicks in my hatches this spring.two here and two more in another hatch and two older ones earlier this spring. Must be my season for Partridges in a pair tree.
View attachment 1368610
View attachment 1368622
I am getting mostly blacks, 65% of my hatches are black. But I am only doing small hatches at time because I am test breeding my flock stages and I only have a black rooster so that might explain it. I have gotten some interesting chicks too though, a few black base with silver penciling and most recently what appears will feather in Gray (still too young to tell), none will be true SOP partridge or gray because I don't have those colors in my flock. This is so fun and exciting, I have found a whole new level of my hobby. Oh and Monet my little paint in my new profile pic is my very first hatched chick and is turning into quite a looker with awesome personality.

I am getting mostly blacks, 65% of my hatches are black. But I am only doing small hatches at time because I am test breeding my flock stages and I only have a black rooster so that might explain it. I have gotten some interesting chicks too though, a few black base with silver penciling and most recently what appears will feather in Gray (still too young to tell), none will be true SOP partridge or gray because I don't have those colors in my flock. This is so fun and exciting, I have found a whole new level of my hobby. Oh and Monet my little paint in my new profile pic is my very first hatched chick and is turning into quite a looker with awesome personality.

Monet is beautiful! What did you breed to get that lovely color?! :love

Back
Top Bottom