Silkie thread!

DNA testing is super delayed due to covid... hopefully i know by Friday, but latest is Wed of next week.

Sooo.. in the meantime.. im having second thoughts about the silkie i thought was a male. That crest isn't screaming roo to me anymore, its quite soft.

20200630_095000~2.jpg
20200630_094936~2.jpg
What do you guys think based on this crest and comb? 9.5 weeks old.

Could be, but can't tell breed just by looking. I have Easter eggers that lay exactly the same as the silkies because they are part silkie.

What are the breed choices for the layers? That might help a little, though many breeds lay similar.

DNA testing is super delayed due to covid... hopefully i know by Friday, but latest is Wed of next week.

Sooo.. in the meantime.. im having second thoughts about the silkie i thought was a male. That crest isn't screaming roo to me anymore, its quite soft.

View attachment 2221022View attachment 2221023What do you guys think based on this crest and comb? 9.5 weeks old.
I thought this might very well be a boy, but DNA test came back, and it's a girl!! Btw, at 11 weeks, still absolutely no waddles or comb development, if that helps anyone! So funky crest is not the great denominator!

Back
Top Bottom