Silkie thread!

I just received my order of day old silkies! I ordered 3 blue/black splash, and 2 “assorted,” meaning the hatchery will send me 2 random colored silkies. Any guesses which is which from this picture?

Also, the black one has a small brown spot on its head. Does that mean it isn’t a pure black silkie?
823308F8-E0E9-473E-BA39-C583A07D769E.jpeg

I just received my order of day old silkies! I ordered 3 blue/black splash, and 2 “assorted,” meaning the hatchery will send me 2 random colored silkies. Any guesses which is which from this picture?

Also, the black one has a small brown spot on its head. Does that mean it isn’t a pure black silkie?View attachment 2243159
I think you have a Buff (light orange), a whilte (light yellow), and the black splash are the two gray ones. The black one might change colors still, so it could be a black or a splash as well. Although I had a blue/grey chick that i thought MIGHT be a blue later, but it turned out black. Their colors will change a bit in a few weeks and you'll get a better sense of which is which. But they are ADORABLE!! Mine are 11 weeks now and finally all big and poofy, so cute!!

I think you have a Buff (light orange), a whilte (light yellow), and the black splash are the two gray ones. The black one might change colors still, so it could be a black or a splash as well. Although I had a blue/grey chick that i thought MIGHT be a blue later, but it turned out black. Their colors will change a bit in a few weeks and you'll get a better sense of which is which. But they are ADORABLE!! Mine are 11 weeks now and finally all big and poofy, so cute!!
Thanks! I was also torn between the white and black one. I guess with the 2 that are assorted, one could be a BBS (in addition to the 3 BBS I ordered). They were the last five silkies available from the hatchery I was ordering from, so I took what I could get!

OK lovely people here are my silkies again at 7 1/2 weeks. Posting photos again as was suggested previously! Also because they are so stinking cute!
Can you guess the genders?🤔
I believe this is Zelda, but now it is hard to tell the difference between the two white ones anymore. 😂I suspect she is a female. Also more submissive and stays out of the fray.
6DC4350A-1BCE-4F9B-8D8D-EFFDA093C3B6.jpeg

This is Asher, who I suspect is a male, he is the friendliest of all of them. Never had a big puff, but seems to be developing streamers
3E8A12D1-A5DA-424D-95A0-263DAF917230.jpeg

This is Pip, he has always had the rooster vibe. He is a splash satin.
AAD7183A-6470-417F-AB51-A5B05ED19ED9.jpeg

This is Kana, I also suspect she is female. She is the most submissive and keeps to herself for the most part. Also lowest in the pecking order
C849CE5F-8716-4B52-AFCE-0B685D3F6549.jpeg

This is Layla, also a splash, who is developing streamers and doing the chest bump thing with the other suspected boys, so maybe need to change her name to Leo.
616FC101-B863-4BF2-BEFD-C8C2D637A8B6.jpeg

This is Jane, who did indeed end up being white (it was debatable for a long time). Thought she was female forever, but now I am in doubt.
A4F8733D-96FE-4883-B777-655BD3924C0E.jpeg

Thanks for your input and yes I know it is early, but fun to keep guessing as they change and develop!:love

Back
Top Bottom