Silkie thread!

I'm sitting with my fav little pullet right now 🥰

I feel so blessed to have found bearded silkies. They are extremely rare in victoria.
View attachment 2794619View attachment 2794620View attachment 2794621View attachment 2794622View attachment 2794623
She had wry neck a few weeks ago (pixie did too when she was very sick)

She is recovering so well but it's been lots of work.

View attachment 2794593
When she first had wry neck
View attachment 2794616
Omg the one w the vines and the little daffodils.. you need to submit those for the byc pic contests!! You'll win!!

SUZU and GINNY -- not chicks any more but still under a year old -- chicks grow up so fast -- these sweeties are laying eggs and GINNY has gone broody a 2nd time this season!

GINNY in her broody box
View attachment 2787376

SUZU keeping company with GINNY
View attachment 2787378

SUZU has brown/gold in her wing feathers now -- wish she stayed all blue/silver!
View attachment 2787394

GINNY
View attachment 2787385
View attachment 2787391

VIOLET is over 10 years old and going through molt right now
View attachment 2787398

Silkies are the sweetest girls -- I wasn't going to get any more Silkies but Violet has lived so long I couldn't resist getting her more Silkie companions. We have 4 chickens now (3 Silkies and one 4-year-old Dominique who is surprisingly nice to the 3 Silkies)

DANA -- the rose comb Dominique
View attachment 2787399
Wow!!!! That is impressive, didn’t know silkies can live so long, 10 years is incredible!

This is Tofu, our black silkie, 4 months old. Super sweet, starting to crow and we can’t have roosters here in the city….. 😬 but I’m trying to keep him as long as possible until he gets super loud. 😅😅 We will be giving him to a rooster gentleman’s club that’s a sanctuary in our state, which is better then him turning into dinner. But I just wanted to share this cute fluff ball with you guys because parting with him tears will be shed! 🥺

Attachments

• 26A51DFA-B8ED-42A0-AA00-452734C425F7.jpeg
    26A51DFA-B8ED-42A0-AA00-452734C425F7.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 6
This is Tofu, our black silkie, 4 months old. Super sweet, starting to crow and we can’t have roosters here in the city….. 😬 but I’m trying to keep him as long as possible until he gets super loud. 😅😅 We will be giving him to a rooster gentleman’s club that’s a sanctuary in our state, which is better then him turning into dinner. But I just wanted to share this cute fluff ball with you guys because parting with him tears will be shed! 🥺
Oh tofu is a cutie!!

Back
Top Bottom