Silkie thread!

Mine always have since about 6 weeks old mother hen shows them how to roost. The other hens I started with always have gone up to roost too.
Maybe yours need to be placed on the roosts at night? Or have you already tried that? Are your roosts too high for them?
Well the first roost is set on the ground, and is about 3 inches high, so they should have no issue with height

My (satin) silkie pullet has been jerking her head back since last night. I just checked her crop, it is just a tiny round hard ball, not full at all, just more that needs to be emptie. But any idea what she has? Here is a video of it

My (satin) silkie pullet has been jerking her head back since last night. I just checked her crop, it is just a tiny round hard ball, not full at all, just more that needs to be emptie. But any idea what she has? Here is a video of it

She's acting like something is stuck. Is she getting enough grit? Maybe a bit of foog grade mineral oil tubed into her crop and massage it

My previous silkie had something stuck at one time.. i made a little plate of olive oil and grit and i coaxed her to eat some. By morning everything had worked its way out!

Silly GINNY decided to jump onto our kitchen waste basket
GINNY TRASH CAN 6  03-21-2023.jpg

Then she decided to stand on the board inside the waste basket
GINNY TRASH CAN 3  03-21-2023.jpg

Then she did an acrobatic turn around on the board
GINNY TRASH CAN 5  03-21-2023.jpg

Gotta LOVE these Silkie girls!

Back
Top Bottom