Silkie thread!

Quote:
Aww little babies
love.gif
love.gif

If there is a trick to hatching silkies someone please let me know.I made my own incubator.And incubators you have to pay top dollar for but I say why pay for something that you can build for much less and it works the same.

Quote:
Thank You so much everyone Silkies are so hard to hatch.I can hatch anything else & come out with a pretty good % rate but silkies ain't so easy.

Why?

Just for some odd reason I just can't hatch the % rate I can with any other kind of chicken.

Quote:
Silkies dont roost like other breeds they would rather sleep in a pile on the floor.
You can train them to use ramps/ladders as some people have done, I believe.

Ya mine all go up like 4 feet up a ladder

SilverSilkie and Soronan---
bow.gif
I hope to understand this one day! LOL I'm starting a BBS pen for my boys 4-H projects and of course I wouldn't be doing this with them if I weren't VERY interested in doing right by them and not messing with colors that shouldn't be messed with or passed on. ha!! I have soooo much to learn! I'm enjoying your discussions.
big_smile.png

Floridachicken, I sure hope you are wrong about the hatching rates for silkies! I've never done any hatching before, and I'm getting my very first incubator (Brinsea Octagon) for x-mas and am hoping it's idiot proof and I'll be able to hatch silkies very well.
fl.gif
BTW-- gorgeous little chicks you got there!

Back
Top Bottom