Silkie thread!

Was doing some prefair prep grooming today of all 12 chickens my 8 yr old is taking to fair. It was a total spa day here for chickens. Thought I'd share some of our Silkies who hung out longer in the house after being blow dried and enjoyed a photo shoot.

Only 4 of the six had good photos to share though.

My oldest daughter hanging out with one of our Splashes.

This ones named is Chipmunk

Little Girl chilling out..

Nightshade falling asleep..

We love our Silkies they are more like lil dogs to us then chickens.

i had 10 silkies hatch out today 4 are wierd there white with dark spot is that the columbian comin in from the farther
parents are a columbian silkie roo and the hens were 2 whites silkies and 2 frizzles

I had one Buff hatch with a black spot and was told it carried the columbian gene it feathered in a nice buff color

i had 10 silkies hatch out today 4 are wierd there white with dark spot is that the columbian comin in from the farther
parents are a columbian silkie roo and the hens were 2 whites silkies and 2 frizzles

Was doing some prefair prep grooming today of all 12 chickens my 8 yr old is taking to fair. It was a total spa day here for chickens. Thought I'd share some of our Silkies who hung out longer in the house after being blow dried and enjoyed a photo shoot.

Love seeing these photos, beautiful pics!

This is my new girl! She's being shipped to me this week (from Birds & Eggs).
So excited.
celebrate.gif

Only 4 of the six had good photos to share though.

My oldest daughter hanging out with one of our Splashes.

This ones named is Chipmunk

Little Girl chilling out..

Nightshade falling asleep..

We love our Silkies they are more like lil dogs to us then chickens.

Love your silkies!!
love.gif

Congrats! I got a new incubator too...going to fill it very soon!!
woot.gif

oh-- congrats to you too!! I had spent a lot of time deciding which one I wanted. I know myself-- I can mess up anything! LOL I tried to choose a hassle free one. Are you going to be incubating silkie eggs??? I hope I have a good hatch, but I'm not going to hold my breath since I've had to tweak it twice (temperature) now that I loaded it. Sigh.

ChicksinFL-- very cute pics of your fluff balls. :) I like the coloring on Nightshade.

ChickenXOXO--- whoa, she's really pretty! :) Do you have porcelain's already to breed with her?

Sager, congrats on your hatches! That was really neat to run the live stream.

Back
Top Bottom