Silkie thread!

my 2 new silkie chicks from sara and these chicks are catdance silkies lines and only 7 weeks old thank you sara

look at that feet feathering for a 7 week old chick

here is the partridge

this one has great feathering feet to also 7 weeks old

my 2 new silkie chicks from sara and these chicks are catdance silkies lines and only 7 weeks old thank you sara

here is the partridge

I bet you are excited! I have some Catdance chicks that are 8 weeks. I love them! Congratulations!!!

here is the partridge

OMG, your partridge chick is soo big compared to my lil runt! My light-splash (we can't figure out her color) is about the same size. But goodness, this makes my lil partridge kinda pitiful
:( From the leg length to the little poof of feathers on its head. Mine just now started getting this one black feather sticking strait up like a mohawk. wow. Totally amazing. If I didn't see it run around the crate and battle the others for treats, I would think it was failure to thrive. But its one tough lil chick! Please keep posting pics. I would like to see how yours progresses as our chicks are the same age. Mine are both the same age as yours. If you didn't see the pic before, here it is.

here is the partridge

Loving these pictures...I have some catdance eggs coming! These are very pretty! Love the colors.

here u go see the size diffrence between these 2 also how old are urs these two are both 4 weeks old the diffrence between size is only gina get greater as they grow

I bet you are excited! I have some Catdance chicks that are 8 weeks. I love them! Congratulations!!!

i really am 

Well I have to say, I've had my LF flock for a year and as mch as I love those girls I am completely enamored with the 6 Catdance silkies that hatched on Mother's Day. No matter how they grow out, what color they are, I think they are are just about the sweetest babies I've ever seen. It was a long three weeks waiting for them, but I am going to love watching them grow!

I think I might have to make a sling for my little guy. He's having trouble staying off his chest and it's making his breathing weird. I propped him up in the corner of a crate lined with a towel and he immediately started taking food out of my hand. I think I'm just gonna put the crate in the coop for now.

Last edited:
I think I might have to make a sling for my little guy. He's having trouble staying off his chest and it's making his breathing weird. I propped him up in the corner of a crate lined with a towel and he immediately started taking food out of my hand. I think I'm just gonna put the crate in the coop for now.

I am so sorry. You could make a "doughnut" by rolling up a towel longways and taping up the ends to fit it for him. I had done that when I had first started with chickens for one of my girls that lost the use of her legs. Making the doughnut allowed her to be propped up no matter which way she wiggled around.
That is a good sign he is eating! Keep up with the extra vitamins and maybe offer some scrambled eggs for extra protein. What type of feed was he on?

Back
Top Bottom