Silkie with scaly leg mites

you could try making a mash of peanut butter, scrambled eggs, crumble and yoghurt with a little honey. Is she eating and drinking for herself at all now?

Try feeding more often too.

you could try making a mash of peanut butter, scrambled eggs, crumble and yoghurt with a little honey. Is she eating and drinking for herself at all now?

Unfortunately, she is still not eating herself and we have to tube feed her.

Are there any foods that help them to better absorb the nutrients?

I expect she will have grit in her crop from before anyway, and this is only a temporary feeding method. But at this stage if she is so sick that she cannot eat by herself and you have to tube feed her, then I think grit is the least of your concerns. She will either get better and eat for herself or she will deteriorate and die.

You can either nurse her and see what happens, or euthanize her.

Sorry to be so stark, but it is what it is. I do hope you manage to turn her around. If she ingests 15ml x 4 per day and it is a full crop full, then I'd up it to 6 times a day. You are already giving her vitamins in her water aren't you? I don't remember.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom