Silkie???

ScienceChicken

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Springfield, Missouri
These Is most likely a stupid question but any ways here I go :
Is this chick a Silkie chick, the reason I am asking is because she dose not have a extra toe like a silkie and the skin on her feet is white not dark like a silkies.

My guess is that she's not a Silkie. Hatchery quality Silkies sometimes lack certain traits, but she really doesn't look like one. My guess is that she's an Old English Game. Where did you get her?

She doesn't look like a Silkie to me. Not only does the chick lack the dark skin and fifth toe, but it also has no crest. It is more likely that you got another feather legged bantam, like the Cochin.

I got her from heart land Hatchery on one of there chick days when they came to nixia mo hard wear store, I picked her up out of a box that he said were silkies, the ones in the box looked like her to,but just with different coloring

Hey one more chick breed question for you guys (im a bit new to chickens) this guy was labeled as a buff brahma but she doesn't have feathered feet and the pattern on her is different then other brahma chicks, she also has more of a pea comb. Any clue on what she might be?

Hey one more chick breed question for you guys (im a bit new to chickens) this guy was labeled as a buff brahma but she doesn't have feathered feet and the pattern on her is different then other brahma chicks, she also has more of a pea comb. Any clue on what she might be?

Might be a Buff Brahma mix, or some sort of Easter Egger. We should be able to identify it better as it gets older.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom