Silkied Serama

Okay.. so: [COLOR=FF0000]The frizzle gene is F[/COLOR]. ff is a normal, or smooth, bird. Ff is a frizzle. FF is a curlie, or a frazzled. [COLOR=FF0000]The silkied gene is h[/COLOR]. hh is a silkied, HH is a smooth, Hh is a silkie split, and apears smooth.
[TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD] F[/TD] [TD] f[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] f[/TD] [TD] Ff[/TD] [TD] ff[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] f[/TD] [TD] Ff[/TD] [TD] ff[/TD] [/TR]
So, the parent's genes are on the top and the left side. The babies' genotypes (the genes they have) are inside. This would be a frizzle x smooth mating. Now, a silkie x frizzle mating
[TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD] F H[/TD] [TD] f H[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] f h[/TD] [TD] Ff Hh[/TD] [TD] ff Hh[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] f h[/TD] [TD] Ff Hh[/TD] [TD] ff Hh[/TD] [/TR]
Each parent contributes one of itsalleles for each trait (F, f, H and h represent the individual allelles) to the offspring. So, a frizzled silkie split could give either FH, Fh, fH, or fh to their offspring. These squares can get BIG.

I never knew why my frizzled was always paired with a smoth. Thank you, I now know how to get my frizzle on and keep smooth partners for these birds. A wealth of info I can not tell you how much I appreciate this.

[/IMG][/IMG]

anyone have hatching eggs for sale? id love some silkied seramas. our last hatch gave us 10 straight and 1 frizzle. please let me know. you all have such beautiful birds!

anyone have hatching eggs for sale? id love some silkied seramas. our last hatch gave us 10 straight and 1 frizzle. please let me know. you all have such beautiful birds!
You may have trouble buying hatching eggs from reputable breeders if you are looking for show quality birds. Most breeders are breeding to better the Serama breed. I am not saying you can't get pretty birds from shipped eggs but most breeders want to see the development of the bird to pullet/cockerel to make sure they are selling and keeping the "best". With that being said, their is a reputable seller on ebay which I took a chance and purchased eggs from and got 1 silkie out of 8 hatched but it has green legs so it may be ok for tabletop but DQ for cage. So i guess it depends what you want your Seramas for-pet or show. You can private message me and I will let you know who I bought my eggs from if you would like. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom