Silkies And Sizzles

ra

Songster
11 Years
Jan 18, 2009
Arkansas
We woke early this am to the sounds of peeps!! We have 7 sizzles so far and one silkie! Many more on the way! I ordered 4 dozen eggs from pamperedpoultry ( http://www.bantamchickens.webs.com ) and they all came with only one cracked! I think that is great for shipped eggs! I highly reccomend getting hatching eggs from her!! I can't wait to see what we get in the weeks to come! They are so fun!
jumpy.gif
And now for some pictures!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I used a havabator 1604N (think that's the number?) I also hand turned all the eggs.

What a blessing!!!!
love.gif

Any one else wake to babies?????????
frow.gif

21380_img_2369.jpg

21380_img_2370.jpg

21380_img_2375.jpg

21380_img_2385.jpg

I am praying for a good hatch as these are pricey eggs I have in there.

We've had some bad storms and the humidity has been crazy but I still have my fingers crossed!

I know what you mean, I went out to plant some marigolds and we have had so much rain our crawl space was flooded!
he.gif

Is Toadsuck on the way to Little Rock? I know I saw that sign?Or maybe when we went to the Heirloom seed festival?

What kind of eggs are you hatching?

I counted and I'm up to 15 chicks so far!
celebrate.gif

God bless,
Adrianna

Last edited:
Thank you! The hatch is going well up to 15 at last count! Sizzles are silkies crossed with a frizzle cochin. That's what I've been told any way! So they could look like silkies, cochins, or either frizzled or like silkies with regular feathers!
They all look neat so far, I can't wait to examine them closer!!
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom