silkies anyone?? shipping to!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by alex, Oct 17, 2007.

1. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    anyone have a silkie they would ship to me and have me pay them with a money order??i need a female silkie???? ANYONE?? PLEASE!
    Thanks! -alex-

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I know where I can get you one but I won't go out there for a little while. If you need one now then I don't think I can help you.

3. aprilholguin

aprilholguin New Egg

Oct 17, 2007
    Oh my, I was JUST about to post something about my silkie. I am trying to find a home for all five of my bantams but would like my silkie hen to go somewhere else where she won't be such an outcast.... like with other silkies!
    She's white, 2 years old and as sweet as can be. NEVER pecked me, is easy to catch (mellow) and would hatch a rock. She lays a pretty ivory egg everyday.
    I live in East Texas... never mailed a chicken.. is that safe?

4. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    thats so cool...if i dont get a silkie....il talk to u ok....and it is safe if you know how i thionk...all hat cheries do it...u should look it up ok..

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yes, you can mail older birds. You have to purchace a certified mailing box which I i hear is about 15 bucks... maybe more. Then you have to ship it via USPS and that's a bundle too. There is a few threads with details about shipping adults.

6. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I received a trio of adult Tolbunt Polish birds a week ago via USPS. I ended up paying $85 for the box and shipping from VA to IL. It was well worth it though. They arrived 17 hours after being shipped and were healthy, and seemed perfectly content in the box. The box itself was huge. Almost 3 feet in length and at least a minimum of 18 inches in width. Height was at least 24 inches and I would guess closer to 30 inches. It had what looked like cheesecloth over the ventilation holes for biosecurity reasons. They were spoiled from their previous owner who made sure they had a bowl of water, half a cantaloupe and watermelon in there along with a lot of pine bedding. Hope this bit of information helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by