SILKIES Anyone?????

What would be the better way to go, as far as quality,...buy eggs and hatch them out or order day olds from the hatchery??? I mean I know it would probably be a better bargain for the hatchery, but what about the quality??? Any input?
idunno.gif

I cannot wait to get some,
love.gif
...they would be a great conversation piece when the relatives come down from the big city!
lau.gif

Silkies are Awesome birds! They are just the sweetest things ever. The one thing I found out about them is that they don't do well trying to add them to an already existing flock of hens. They get picked on way to much and I couldn't handle it. They are getting a coop all to themselves! Mine are always nice when I add more birds with them tho
big_smile.png
Just big sweet hearts!

Last Fall in was sitting on my front steps with my Willow on my lap when a neighbor started talking to me. My Willow started chirping away. He jumped and said "what is that a cat?" I couldnt stop laughing

I haven't used a hatchery to get my Silkies. One reason is because I can't order 25 birds at a time!

Suzy
love.gif

I want a couple too! I can't wait and I'm having trouble finding some in my area. I would love to have some bearded ones! My feed store is getting some in but not till the end of April!! I hate to wait that long! Anyone know of a breeder in NW Arkansas or in SW Mo?
tongue.png

Adrianna

Last edited:
Quote:
You don't have to order 25 birds at a time for all hatcheries. I know My Pet Chicken you can order as little as 3 depending where you are or get chicks from Ideal. At Ideal you have to pay a minimum of 24 dollars, not 25 chicks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom