Silkies as housepets.

My silkie, April, was a house pet for a few weeks. Now she's with the other chickens. She lived in a guinea pig cage with shavings, but I let her out all the time. I changed her cage... every few days. Good luck!

My silkie, April, was a house pet for a few weeks. Now she's with the other chickens. She lived in a guinea pig cage with shavings, but I let her out all the time. I changed her cage... every few days. Good luck!

I say go for it too! I have ALL of my chickens indoors, and I have a lot of chickens. I originally got 4 buff orpingtons because I was told they were allowed in our town. Then I found out they weren't and my town has a crazy ordinance stating that all you can have is cats or dogs, period. So I was already in love with my chickens and couldn't give them up. I keep the majority of my birds in a huge room I converted into an indoor aviary in my basement but we also have chicks in brooders all over the house. We are getting a white silkie for our daughter as a house pet. We have a huge 4 ft, 2 ft, by 6 ft cat cage that we are keeping it in and haven't had any problems with any of our chickens being indoors. The main thing is to make sure they get enough light and some time outside. I use daylight light bulbs that they have for reptiles to give my chickens the proper amount of artificial sun light. Good luck!

since my mom said she might get me a silkie i have been doing a lot of research. it says that they have black skin blue earlobes black meat and blue bones. now has anyone dissected one tell me what you found i really want to know but i don't want to kill anything thats why im a vegetarian. PLEASE TELL ME

Last edited:
Quote:
Well...Right now on the Cooking Channel, they are running a Halloween special where they prepare and cook "black chicken". It is not exactly dissection but they are having to prepare Silkies with their heads and feet still attached. When the chefs cut them up you can see the bones and flesh.

Quote:
lau.gif
Wow I'm so proud of my daughter!
th.gif
This cracked me up when I read it... Leave it to my twisted kids to come up with this one LOL..

Christal
aka Klaire's Mom..

since i haven't got any answers ill ask a new question. why do silkies have nicer and like people.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom