silkies crest feathers getting stuck and blocking her nose holes.

Jul 4, 2021
I have a paint silkie called poppy and lately I have been having to peel her crest feathers out of her air ways. I have no clue whats going on. But I’m scared they will get blocked and she won’t be able to breath. I felt her aire holes and i felt this weird goo on them. It’s clear but definitely gooy. I’m not sure what to do. Any ideas. Thanks.

Can you post pictures of her face? From what your describing, it sounds like she's having nasal discharge. Are you seeing any other symptoms such a ocular discharge, facial swelling, bubbles in eyes, coughing, sneezing, head shaking, gasping, or similar? On her or any other birds.

Can you post pictures of her face? From what your describing, it sounds like she's having nasal discharge. Are you seeing any other symptoms such a ocular discharge, facial swelling, bubbles in eyes, coughing, sneezing, head shaking, gasping, or similar? On her or any other birds.
I’ll check her now. I don’t think ive seen anything other then the goo. her sister had the Same thing with the feathers but it’s gone way.

She seems fine. but she dose open her beak a little when I hold her. I cant See if she dose it when on the grassy. Thanks

A824FE0A-213D-4B09-9301-9F1636154A51.jpeg

ill try and get some pictures of her tomorrow morning if she was feathers stuck to her face. You literally have to peel the feathers off. It’s like there was glue on her face.
2373D599-1D11-494A-B1E4-F7016DC1F08A.jpeg
E3F875F5-333F-412B-A2BB-987F5535C659.jpeg

Hi. So I went to lock them in to night and I noticed that Charlie and Ronnie also had clear stuff around their air ways, Minnie had some feathers stuck to her beak but not as bad as poppy Charlie had nothing stuck to hers but she does also have a smaller crest. Charlie would not let me touch her beak is I could not feel how it felt. Blue and roostee had nothing it's just the hens. they all seem fine Charlie mounted about a month ago and still has not started laying the two Babys are losing feathers but not that many. They are on layers pellets.

Hi. So I went to lock them in to night and I noticed that Charlie and Ronnie also had clear stuff around their air ways, Minnie had some feathers stuck to her beak but not as bad as poppy Charlie had nothing stuck to hers but she does also have a smaller crest. Charlie would not let me touch her beak is I could not feel how it felt. Blue and roostee had nothing it's just the hens. they all seem fine Charlie mounted about a month ago and still has not started laying the two Babys are losing feathers but not that many. They are on layers pellets.
So your seeing others with nasal discharge?

Lets see what @azygous thinks.

Back
Top Bottom