Silkies Free to Good Home

MnMBar

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2020
Hello all,
I have 9 Silkie pullets and 1 cockerel that I would like to find good homes. They're all 8 months old and are free on a first come first serve basis with the caveat that whomever takes them would promise not to eat them. These cute little guys are pets not livestock to me. I am giving them away because it's just not working out. I made a promise when I first got them that I wouldn't keep them if things didn't pan out as I hoped. And, unfortunately, it's not. So, I need them to go to good homes. All nine pullets are laying eggs. Although, two of the pullets have gone broody this week. That or they just really don't like the cold and the snow. 🥶 The roo is very watchful and only crows a little bit - usually in the morning when some large birds fly overhead. If you want to see pictures, please go to my previous thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-help-identifying-the-gender-of-my-silkies.1417829/

They were 5 months here but they haven't changed much in appearance - The only two that have changed a bit are Miss Independence - she now has two black feathers; and Mando - who has larger iridescent green feathering in his tail feathers

I live in Northern New Jersey and don't mind delivering them locally. Local to me is anything under a 2 hour drive or thereabouts. Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who might be. Did I mention they are super cute, soft and fluffy! And would make great Christmas gifts! Thanks for reading.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
has anyone come to get them? I wish I could, maybe we can drive out to the unmanned part of the border and walk across like refugees :) (imagine us walking with a bunch of chickens following us in the snow)
I can imagine us turning ourselves in to the RCMP (border police in Canada) and saying we are asking for asylum. "No, officer, not us, we are Canadian, it is the chickens that need asylum."

Last edited:
has anyone come to get them? I wish I could, maybe we can drive out to the unmanned part of the border and walk across like refugees :) (imagine us walking with a bunch of chickens following us in the snow)
I can imagine us turning ourselves in to the RCMP (border police in Canada) and saying we are asking for asylum. "No, officer, not us, we are Canadian, it is the chickens that need asylum."

Haha! That would be a sight! But a great story for the officers to tell their grandkids one day.
Unfortunately, they haven't found homes yet. I understand that holiday time can be really busy though. I'm hoping I get some takers in January.

Last edited:
Just letting everyone know that these guys are still available. Thought I had someone lined up through someone else, but they never contacted me. So, I am bumping this post in hopes that someone is willing and able to take some or all of them.

Back
Top Bottom