Silkies HELP!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by doueik, May 31, 2010.

1. doueik

doueik Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2010
    Dearborn heights MI
    Hi i bought 2 silkie hens 8 days ago. They have not layed a single egg. i bought them as laying silkies any advise?

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Hi, I don't keep Silkies, but all birds suffer stress after being re-homed and need time to settle down.Once they are used to your routine and to their environment they will almost certainly start to lay,
    Good Luck,
    Sandie

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree. [​IMG]

4. doueik

doueik Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2010
    Dearborn heights MI
    thank you. Do you know how long it should take?

5. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    i bought 2 laying silkie hens too.
    one started laying about 2 weeks after i got her. the other, its been about one month. she laid one bloody egg about 2 weeks in and then this week she managed to lay about 2 eggs. still a bit unstable. the move stresses them out a lot. i would give them lots of love and time.

6. chick1150

chick1150 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2010
    I added 5 new chicks in a coop and run of thier own, beside my old one with a full grown Serama And OEGB roo and my serama stopped laying for about 3 weeks. She has just started back. They will start when they get use to their new surrounding. Also welcome to BYC. I'm new at chickens myself and this site has taugh me alot about everything.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by