Silkies keep shaking their head?!

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
Whenever I watch my baby Silkies, all they’re ever doing is shaking their heads every couple of seconds nonstop and endlessly. I honestly feel bad for them. Can an animal have a decent quality life when they’re constantly shaking their brains like that. Two of my silkies scare themselves sometimes by doing it I think they’re just trying to see so they shake their head every second to clear the hair, I’m not sure what to do. Should I cut it? Is this normal it looks so uncomfortable it’s hard to watch.

My black non showgirl silkie has been worrying me the most. He keeps his body low to the ground. He’s quiet, nervous, and gets scared when he’s a foot away from the others and sometimes has freak outs where he screams. I’ve never seen a personality like this so I don’t know if it’s neurological or what. I don’t even know if he can see well. It’s hard for me to tell if it’s his eyes or the hair.

In the vid u can see and hear them smacking their beaks off the side by accident when shaking their heads :(

They are big enough to be outside and to not need a heatlamp.
It may be that their crests are in their vision and need a trim or they are low on vitamin b.

Whenever I watch my baby Silkies, all they’re ever doing is shaking their heads every couple of seconds nonstop and endlessly. I honestly feel bad for them. Can an animal have a decent quality life when they’re constantly shaking their brains like that. Two of my silkies scare themselves sometimes by doing it I think they’re just trying to see so they shake their head every second to clear the hair, I’m not sure what to do. Should I cut it? Is this normal it looks so uncomfortable it’s hard to watch.

My black non showgirl silkie has been worrying me the most. He keeps his body low to the ground. He’s quiet, nervous, and gets scared when he’s a foot away from the others and sometimes has freak outs where he screams. I’ve never seen a personality like this so I don’t know if it’s neurological or what. I don’t even know if he can see well. It’s hard for me to tell if it’s his eyes or the hair.

In the vid u can see and hear them smacking their beaks off the side by accident when shaking their heads :(
Did you ever figure out what was causing your silkies to constantly shake their heads? I have this going on but not as consistently. Thank you.

In the vid u can see and hear them smacking their beaks off the side by accident when shaking their I

Try giving them some extra vitamins. I use this for my chicks and even adult chickens every now and then. You can find it at TSC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321-165318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321-165318_Chrome.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom