Silkies native language

peapickinchicks

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, KY
My DH was refering to my silkies always going off by themselves last night, they don't stay with all my other chickens too much. I said I wonder why, DH said it's probably because the silkies speak japanese none of the others can understand them!

lau.gif

Silkies are just "special". Simple as that. They have their ways & means of doing things & they don't like to stoop to the level of the rest of us humble beings. I love silkies!

I love my silkies as well, my DH does too. He gets really upset if one of the others pecks them, but believes it's okay if my silkies peck one of my other girls just my silkie roo will peck at them sometimes if they get bossy with him, my pullet silkie is way too sweet she just runs and hides if the others get bossy with her. I hope to have pics soon for everyone of my coop, beautiful KY hills, and my pretty chooks.BTW I have 2-Japanese White Silkies that's why my DH says they speak japanese.
frow.gif

They do tend to have their own language. I have one black hen who will go off at any given time for whatever reason. She does this "GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK GAWK" thing REPEATEDLY..... Here lately boy, she's given those obnoxiously loud guineas a run for their money!

I'm starting to learn what the noises min make. So far I've translated the following.
"Back off fruitcake, can't you see I'm hatching turds here!"
"Whachugot?"
"Dangit, Gerogia, that's MY mealworm!"
"TREAT, treat, treat, treat, treat...TREAT, treat, treat, treat"
And finally,
"EGG, EGG, EGG, THAT THING CAME OUT OF ME! EGG, EGG, EGG"
(which is closely related to ...
"SUN, SUN, SUN, SUN, IT'S TOO DANG EARLY, TURN OFF THE SUN, SUN, SUN, SUN!"
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom