Silkies Of A Different Color

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Brody's Broodello, Oct 17, 2010.

1. joeW96

joeW96 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Hi
    I have seen some verry nise examples of the breed and some that I have not seen before in the uk.

I was also wondering if people could give me some advice on my silkies hear are some pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if anyone is thinking that they did well at the show. But there was only my 3 sillies in the show. lol

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Your birds are very pretty! Here in America there is a lot of imphasis place on full crests, heavy foot feathering, round bodies, well placed wings, toes and toe spacing. Here is a great link for some examples. This link shows both pet quality silkies and show quality. Lots to chose from. [​IMG] https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7756264#p7756264

3. joeW96

Jun 22, 2011
    Thank you very much for the link and advice.

4. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    I just purchased a pair of gray, and don't know much about the color. Can grays be created? Will my gray pair produce all gray offspring? Sorry for the "newbie" questions.

Thanks.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:She is blue partridge. Breed her to a partridge.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Second one neeeds more foot feathering, and 3rd needs more crest. From what little I know of British silkies, they look like they would compete well. Are yours largefowl?

7. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Grey to grey should give all greys.

8. joeW96

Jun 22, 2011
    Hi
    thank you for the advice they are still growing and the feathers on there feat are developing i am very happy that you think that they could be of good enough quality to show.
    Also they are large fowl but since i took the photos of them they have grown and put some more weight on so i am hopping that they achieve top quality.
    Thanks again for the advice.

9. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

10. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

Here's your Silkie of a different color, from the Crossroads show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by