Silkies/showgirls-10 weeks-did I identify genders correctly?

EllieandOlive

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
West Central Kentucky
So I have 5 white showgirls, around 10 weeks old. 2 are obviously males (plus I vent sexed them and it seems to be correct) the other 3 I want to think are pullets, but the one with a question mark I wasn't positive on while vent sexing, and still am not now, but leaning pullet based off of similarities with the other 2 gals. I've labeled them as M for cockerel or F for pullet.
The black silkie I vent sexed as a boy. The brown I thought was a girl.
Anyone agree or disagree based off these pictures? (Labeled pictures in comments)
0320231429e~2.jpg
0320231429d~2.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you're correct; naked necks I know are harder to sex than other silkies just because you have different traits you have to consider. Only time will tell but I agree with what you have posted. 😊

It looks like you're correct; naked necks I know are harder to sex than other silkies just because you have different traits you have to consider. Only time will tell but I agree with what you have posted. 😊
The #3 male is actually a stripper, I didn't realize it at first though lol. He is also oddly red in the face.

What do you mean by stripper? I'm unfamiliar with that term. Male naked necks face and neck actually do tend to turn red. That's one of the signs that they are male.

What do you mean by stripper? I'm unfamiliar with that term. Male naked necks face and neck actually do tend to turn red. That's one of the signs that they are male.
So I've read that a 'showgirl' with a double nn gene is a 'Stripper'. Stupid term lol. But basically they don't have any beard, their neck is completely bare down into where it meets their body. extra odd looking.

Back
Top Bottom