Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
I'm getting three new Silkies on the 22nd! :eek:

I've been sent some photos and they're very nice looking, particularly the male!

I live far away from the breeder and can't travel to pick them up so the breeder is taking them to the national federation show to pass onto another breeder who lives a bit closer to me and he's going to bring them back up for me when he leaves the show. I've just got to pick them up from his on the night when he's back!

Here's the three of them :celebrate

This male:
IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

These two females:
6db99ec1-cd9e-42a0-a030-e6a35044c1c5.jpg

63ae6304-8c9d-4dd1-aaf9-023b8d34c77d.jpg

Ah yes I remember you mentioning that now! Was that the huge turkey you had this year for thanksgiving?

I just need to find a home for Zoltan as I can't put the new male in with him.
No, the turkey we traded for last year went into the freezer the same day.
She had the best feathering I've seen on hatchery Silkies.

Oh right :eek:

We don't exactly have hatcheries over hear but from from posts I've seen here, you must have been lucky to get one with half decent feathering!
I'm curious of how she turned out. We haven't visited the turkey guy in quite awhile.
You guys don't really have hatcheries in your country?

I got my "show quality" mongrels from a local breeder off of craigslist. Only one with a decent comb and 1/4th or so are hard feathered. We still like them all and I do not care about showing vs. having pets. So still happy with them.
@Fur-N-Fowl have you seen these guys with your own eyes? Everything looks right about the comb, ears, and eyes. Just I can't get over how tightly spaced their legs sit on them in these photos.

Back
Top Bottom