Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Five silkie babies have hatched! One more expected today. One was malpositioned so needed an assist. This little one now has tape shoes on due to curled toes. One was DIS prior to internally pipping. Have five more scheduled to hatch throughout this next week.😊
CF2626B7-5A25-44DB-8F7C-8AE052E2F006.jpeg
258C4C50-93D6-4022-87CB-16E06A29A43E.jpeg
2F70300B-C70D-4120-B784-6BA0D6ACFE9F.jpeg
2CBF5CED-75FF-4124-87BB-CA9BBA36B648.jpeg

Were these the shipped eggs?
No, these are the first babies from my own birds. Only one of my girls had fertile eggs. The other two wanted nothing to do with my cockerel, even when I put them together in a pen and even though they are crazy broody! Guess they are just not ready. They are still quite young.
Both parents are white, so these chicks will all likely feather in white, they all have varying shades of grey and yellow down.
My first set of shipped eggs from ChickenScratch Poultry are on day 7.
4 are developing nicely. Sitting upright in cartons as they have saddled/loose air cells. I tossed the other 6 as they were either clears or too scrambled to develop. These are bearded silkies from a mixed pen. I hope they hatch!
My bigger order from Rainier Foothills has not shipped out to me yet. 😊

No, these are the first babies from my own birds. Only one of my girls had fertile eggs. The other two wanted nothing to do with my cockerel, even when I put them together in a pen and even though they are crazy broody! Guess they are just not ready. They are still quite young.
Both parents are white, so these chicks will all likely feather in white, they all have varying shades of grey and yellow down.
My first set of shipped eggs from ChickenScratch Poultry are on day 7.
4 are developing nicely. Sitting upright in cartons as they have saddled/loose air cells. I tossed the other 6 as they were either clears or too scrambled to develop. These are bearded silkies from a mixed pen. I hope they hatch!
My bigger order from Rainier Foothills has not shipped out to me yet. 😊
Oh okay! Exciting!

Back
Top Bottom