Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
You know I said I wanted a partridge Silkie really badly.... Could my little messmaker be one? She looks like she could brown out... But I was reading that most partridge chicks have stripes when they are born. That bummed me out because Blossom had a yellow chick with stripes that died because she kept stepping on it. 😭
The chick in my profile pic was a partridge.. but yes, she looked like a little chipmunk (I just typed chickmunk and couldn't figure out why spellcheck kept popping up 😆). This one might be a unique coloring, looks pretty to me.

You know I said I wanted a partridge Silkie really badly.... Could my little messmaker be one? She looks like she could brown out... But I was reading that most partridge chicks have stripes when they are born. That bummed me out because Blossom had a yellow chick with stripes that died because she kept stepping on it. 😭
Could be, though the markings are a little muted. Chipmunk colored chicks can change drastically from down feathering to adult plumage. Here is Amai, one of my girls. She looks VERY different as an adult from her chick down. I have posted these photos previoulsy, so apologies to those that have seen them before.😊
It will be exciting to see how your little babies will feather out!
Congrats on all the new babies!😍
DCFD6775-7F4C-4E15-B0C6-8B86180BA37D.jpeg
827A24CB-4E9E-4B45-98E4-17F10266203B.jpeg

It's hard to say chick down can be tricky to read. I think these little ones may be more gold than the partridge boy you had before though. They might end up somewhere between buff and partridge like. Someone with more genetic knowledge could probably predict based on the down better than I but they look most similar to some partridge/buff mixes I've seen which does tend to make more of an in-between color. They are such cuties, I bet it'll be really interesting seeing how they turn out! 🥰

Could be, though the markings are a little muted. Chipmunk colored chicks can change drastically from down feathering to adult plumage. Here is Amai, one of my girls. She looks VERY different as an adult from her chick down. I have posted these photos previoulsy, so apologies to those that have seen them before.😊
It will be exciting to see how your little babies will feather out!
Congrats on all the new babies!😍
View attachment 2921077View attachment 2921078
She's absolutely lovely

Back
Top Bottom