Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
They could very well all be boys, but Polkie has a very feminine face, I know I see the little wattles coming in, though I am not convinced yet. A few more weeks are needed!😊
Ohhhhhhhh I would love that!! He or she is the zoomie throublemaker.. gets everyone in a kerfuffle!! Oh i really would love to keep it. I'll stay hopeful. I have had girls w red come in, without wattles. 🤞🥰

It would be a shame to have to cull these boys. I use Craigslist successfully. Really great photos, like the ones you just posted, are important. You can also keep renewing your posting every 2 days, to keep your ad at the top.
If someone sends me a response, I ask for a good contact number, and if they do not respond, then that is that for them. Sometimes people are fishing for your personal info, so if they respond to your ad with a vague "do you still have this/it available?" then I do not answer them. Once you find someone you think may be reliable/serious, then you meet at a neutral public location like a gas station parking lot. Do not give people your address. Also I do not recommend giving them away for free, even a nominal fee will weed out most of the crazies. Good luck, I hope they can find homes soon.🙂
I may give it a try again as a last chance. I just hate culling any rooster but Silkies in particular. As I said before... It feels like I'm killing the family dog! Silkies are next level for me.

Still haven't found homes for these two fellas.... 😭

View attachment 2956432
View attachment 2956434
I can't put the white roo back in the coop since Bruiser (my black Silkie roo) beat him up pretty badly. Apparently you can't sell animals anymore on Facebook marketplace. Not sure where else to post him... But if I don't find them homes in the next 2 weeks, I will sadly have to cull them. Ugh... This sucks. 😭

when we sell on fb we just write xx available, for more information send a personal message.

I haven't got birds from ideal but I've got splash silkie chicks from cackle before. They do have bearded silkies if you prefer bearded. :)

Here are the three pullets I kept when I ordered splash silkie chicks from them. I only grew out these three so no knowing how the rest would have turned out as I sold them as chicks. I'd say for hatchery silkies they turned out fairly nice.

View attachment 2956376
View attachment 2956377
View attachment 2956378
These are gorgeous! I’ll have to keep Cackle in mind if I get more Silkies this year. Maybe I could let PuffPuff hatch a few eggs and sneak some of these under her...
Still haven't found homes for these two fellas.... 😭

View attachment 2956432
View attachment 2956434
I can't put the white roo back in the coop since Bruiser (my black Silkie roo) beat him up pretty badly. Apparently you can't sell animals anymore on Facebook marketplace. Not sure where else to post him... But if I don't find them homes in the next 2 weeks, I will sadly have to cull them. Ugh... This sucks. 😭
I wish you were closer, I’d take that splash roo in a heartbeat 😍 I hope you can find good homes for them!

Back
Top Bottom