Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Hi dear friends, I haven't been on board for quite a while...last time I was here there were about 400 pages - oh wow and now already 700! I thought so often of all of you, hoping that all of you and all your little ones are fine❤️
Happy New Year, dear friends - may 2022 be a wonderful year for all of you and all your loved ones ❤️❤️❤️
I'm sorry I kind of vanished. My mom got the diagnosis lung cancer and so much changed for all of us here then. I often thought 'tomorrow I will be back on board' and then I just didn't make it - - again.
Little flock - my little James with the 6 girls - and boy group - Maku, Kasimir, Snowman and Sindbad - are all fine.
The girls are all laying and tiny Schorschette, the smallest hen, lays the biggest eggs😳
Brioche taught me how to handle a broody and Roberta and Schorschette confirmed, what I learned😆 Then Brioche got broody again. And today again I heard some Halloween-worthy screaming when walking towards the coop 🤣
The Silkies are all my joy.
I'm glad to be back here, dear friends, and I'm looking forward to catch up on everything ❤️
Oh my! I'm so sorry!
Welcome back!
Silkies do bring such joy!!!

He's very handsome.😊
Thanks...he can be good when he wants to be! Few minutes ago I went out to put tarp back over the run for snow coming in and he literally chased me all the way around the run through the fence then when I get in the run he does hackle feathers out, jumps up n back then walks away like nothing ever happened.
Crazy dude😜

Thanks...he can be good when he wants to be! Few minutes ago I went out to put tarp back over the run for snow coming in and he literally chased me all the way around the run through the fence then when I get in the run he does hackle feathers out, jumps up n back then walks away like nothing ever happened.
Crazy dude😜
I would never do this to bantams, but when my 10 or 12 lb speckled Sussex rooster would go after me the only thing that would stop him was a good hard kick in the side.

I would never do this to bantams, but when my 10 or 12 lb speckled Sussex rooster would go after me the only thing that would stop him was a good hard kick in the side.
I've tried everything you can imagine...especially since the very first time when he attacked me repeatedly like 7 times. I was bleeding on both legs, both arms...luckily I was able to protect my face.
But once I got over the shock of my good lil silkie roo doing this, I read up, a lot, and changed my way of dealing with him.
He has done a lot better but he still has days that are just crazy.
I think the stress of us building the coop compounded by his main pullet going broody and cutting him off for so long took its toil on the lil guy.
But I can't have all these roos so hoping I can find him a good bantam home!

Crazy dude😜
Don't post a pic of him doing that in your ad. 📰

Hi dear friends, I haven't been on board for quite a while...last time I was here there were about 400 pages - oh wow and now already 700! I thought so often of all of you, hoping that all of you and all your little ones are fine❤️
Happy New Year, dear friends - may 2022 be a wonderful year for all of you and all your loved ones ❤️❤️❤️
I'm sorry I kind of vanished. My mom got the diagnosis lung cancer and so much changed for all of us here then. I often thought 'tomorrow I will be back on board' and then I just didn't make it - - again.
Little flock - my little James with the 6 girls - and boy group - Maku, Kasimir, Snowman and Sindbad - are all fine.
The girls are all laying and tiny Schorschette, the smallest hen, lays the biggest eggs😳
Brioche taught me how to handle a broody and Roberta and Schorschette confirmed, what I learned😆 Then Brioche got broody again. And today again I heard some Halloween-worthy screaming when walking towards the coop 🤣
I'm glad to be back here, dear friends, and I'm looking forward to catch up on everything ❤️
So happy that you are back @Chickeria, I have missed you on here!❤️
So sorry though to read about your mom. Sending you love, hugs and positive thoughts to you, your mom and your family. :hugs

Char is broody so I've allowed her to have a go at hatching chicks for her first time. I moved her from the nest to the broody coop no problem she just sat on the eggs straight away.
She's on 9 eggs. Hopefully all fertile! I haven't had much luck with fertile eggs while Biscuit has been molting but the ones I've eaten so far have been fertile so she may get 9 chickies! Hopefully a good mother, you never know till they have a go!
The eggs could be from Smokey (silver partridge, which I hope most are coz she and Biscuit make nice colours) Char or Puff (white) or Boof (white). Hope none from Chino as she is one I don't like - great layer but not so great broody when I gave her the chance last time.

View attachment 2961808
View attachment 2961817
I have modified the coop a little so now plenty more roosting space for additions and nest boxes seperate from broody coop so mother can have more space to herself. Roosts on left, broody coop and nests on right.View attachment 2961816
Go Char!🥰

Hi Chickeria! I'm so glad you're back! Sorry about your mom. Hope she gets better soon! ❤️ Sending love!

So… I have eggs brewing in the incubator, again! :oops:

Wasn’t planning to hatch again until the Spring, but I can’t seem to let fertile Silkie eggs go to waste. I do have a bit of a wait list for chicks, so I will have buyers for most of them.😊
Looks like a few from Kana are fertile! This girl has never liked any of the roosters I have had, so happy to see that she’s getting along with Eko.
I’m having more and more difficulty telling the different Silkie eggs apart. Looks like I have from at least 3 hens.
First eggs due to hatch on the 26th.🥰
BB4B7C12-7DAC-4276-A8D8-BFF06478AB3E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom