Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Sooo stinkin cute
The broom and dust pan are permanently afixed to my paws now. The one out of the box is Oreo, she loves chasing the broom and riding in the dust pan and mop. Whisper (she has a white collar and is in the front of the box) also loves riding the mop around. Grizzly (white with speckles) is the only male of the lot (not counting the 7 brood mates outside being raised by Sarah). Of 13 chicks, 5 are barred, 7 are black with little to no white, and then Grizzly is white with black speckles. It's all in the family here.

What gender of this white silkie?
He/she turned 3 months on aug 24th
its a silkie bantam and i dont know because one (who is no dout a male)has a large comb
also i the 2nd pic its the one in da middle
View attachment 3254695View attachment 3254694

I'd say a little pullet as well. 🥰

I have a silly question..
Can I post a photo or a few photos of my 2 silkie roosters "brawling"?

CONNOR McGREGOR
vs.
FLOYD MAYWEATHER

....is what it reminds me of....

Completely on accident they ended up face to face and I had my camera already in my hand, recording some chicks 5 feet away from them. All I did was turn around 90⁰ and get them in my chick video.

They are actually fighting, but the photos are captured from the video, and are hilarious.
I grabbed the little one up and put him back where he escaped from.

Shaemus is the little Buff guy, and what he did to Cash Money, the big Partridge guy, was absolutely genius for a small roo getting the upper hand immediately...

They tangle up every chance they get.. I dont even think they are trying to hurt each other.
I always get to them as fast as I can and put Shaemus back up. He is the instigator 80% of the time, and its always inside Cash Money coop.

Sounds hilarious (boys will be boys)! I'm not in charge of the thread but I'd think it would probably be fine to post here and I'm sure a lot of us would love seeing the pictures! 😁 You could always wait for some more confirmation from others who post here as well though. :)

I'd say a little pullet as well. 🥰

Sounds hilarious (boys will be boys)! I'm not in charge of the thread but I'd think it would probably be fine to post here and I'm sure a lot of us would love seeing the pictures! 😁 You could always wait for some more confirmation from others who post here as well though. :)
Anyone else dying to see can check out my profile.. Toro, toro!

Here is my Ms Sarah and part of the other chicks.. She's been a great mother! It's nice to have half a batch outside and half inside to watch the growth progress and health of each group. I have a box of soil inside so the chicks in here can get grit (sandy soil here) and pick up good bacteria they wouldn't from bedding in a brooder. I believe in building immunity early.
SarahandCrew.jpg

Back
Top Bottom